Saturday, March 31, 2018

Working on new patterns for Curvy Barbie and a few tips

I am currently working on some more patterns for the Curvy Barbie. Yes, they will be posted here for free! I just love free stuff!
This time I will have pull-on pants and skirts, shorts and three tops.... a peasant blouse, a raglan sleeved T shirt and a V-neck T shirt.
I drew up my trial patterns tonight and will be testing them and tweaking them until I am happy with the fit. Then it is just a matter of drawing them on the computer and posting them. 😆

I do have a tip for you all.....look to your thrift store for clothes that have great prints for doll clothing. I have found some great fabrics that you cannot get in the conventional fabric store. They are also a gold mine for lightweight silk fabrics (at least my local stores are). Look in the ladies blouses....there is plenty enough fabric for Barbie clothes and the range of colors are staggering! I just throw my finds in the washer, yes, I said washer, the dryer too. Silk is a pretty hearty fabric, but if you nervous, you could hand wash them. Happy hunting! Stacy

1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    I hoped you had published the new patterns somewhere, but unfortunately you stopped writing here...
    Love your older patterns, I just love sewing them.
    Many greetings!
    Silke

    ReplyDelete